- Invited papers are given 25 minutes with 5 minutes for discussion. Contributed papers are 8 minutes in duration with 2 minutes for discussion. Discussion is often vital to work presented, and these times will be strictly adhered to.
- AAPT will provide an LCD projector and a microphone in each session room. It is important to use a microphone to accommodate those that are hearing impaired.
- Laptops will not be provided in the session rooms. If you are not able to bring your own laptop, please check with the session organizer to make other arrangements.
- It is important to arrive at the session room at least 10 minutes in advance to either load your presentation onto another presenter's laptop or hook up your own.
- Please click here to make your presentation accessible to all attendees.
- Wireless internet will be available in the meeting space.
Network: Hilton Meeting Room
- MAC users please be sure to have the proper connection cables.
Each poster session author will be provided with a 31/2x 31/2 poster board area (the boards are 4X8 and there are two posters per side of each board, however there is a half inch border around the entire board). The board will indicate the poster number in upper right or left corner.
Authors are responsible for mounting their own material at least one hour prior to the opening of the session and for removing it at the end of the day. Posters left up past that time will be discarded.
All illustrations, charts, etc., to be posted should be prepared in advance as materials for these purposes will not be available at the meeting site. AAPT will provide a reasonable supply of push pins, but we suggest authors provide their own if possible. Each poster must include text in a large enough font (~20-point font) to be read easily by attendees from a distance of 4 to 5 feet or more. Lettering on illustrations should be large and legible. Photographs should be a minimum of 5 x 7 inches. Material should be displayed in logical sequence (introduction, development, and conclusion) and each sheet should be numbered. Be sure to include your name (title is not necessary) and school (if applicable).
The effectiveness of a poster presentation will be enhanced by using techniques such as mounting the sheets on colored construction paper, etc., to improve the graphic impact. Please note, however, that simplicity, ease of reading, etc., are more important than artistic flair. Illustrations should not be mounted on heavy stock as this could make them difficult to mount on poster boards. Avoid overcrowding figures and cramming too many numbers into tables. Legends and titles should accompany all figures, tables, photographs, etc. in order to allow their immediate identification.
No commercial activities or any advertising may be displayed on the posters. Noncompliance with this rule will result in the poster being removed. Authors may wish to bring extra copies of their data and conclusions. No duplication facilities will be available through AAPT.
Authors may also wish to provide sign-up sheets for attendees who may wish additional information, reprints, etc. Posters will be arranged by topic on Monday. Approximately two hours is set aside.
Tips for Making your Presentation Accessible
Please click here to make your presentation accessible to all attendees.
If you have any questions, please contact AAPT at email@example.com.